Sunday, February 21, 2010

Me

My name is Stephanie and I am 32 yrs old.

I have fought this battle with my weight for the last 10 years.

I was never what you called "skinny", but I was pretty much "average" all my life.

It wasn't until I became pregnant with my daughter, that my battle with my weight really began.

I gained 50 lbs in my pregnancy but lost 30 of that pretty quickly.

I never lost that additional 20 lbs, infact, I gained 50 more on top of that over the course of the next 10 years.

I've done weight watchers, the Atkins diet, diet pills, etc. all in a desperate effort to lose weight.

The most I would ever lose was about 10-15 lbs and then I would quit.

Only to gain that back, and then some.

Finally, this past November my parents offered to help me with this struggle and made me an appointment with a nutrionist. They knew I needed some direction and wanted to help me get it.

So, on November 7, 2009, I had my first appointment.

My starting weight was 257 lbs.

I wanted to die.

It was my highest weight,ever.

I was miserable.

But, I knew this was the frest start I needed.

She set me up on a plan and I meet with her every other week.

So far to date, I'm down 22 lbs.

I feel like a different person, seriously.

I know, I have a long ways to go but I am starting to feel like myself, again.

My relationship with my husband has improved, my house is cleaner, I am more pleasant to be around, I am more active and actutally am starting to care about me, again.

I think my weight really has put a damper on me, I was embarrassed and ashamed of the person, I had let myself become.

I became a homebody, I quit volunteering at my daughter's school after one of her classmates called me "fat".

I was hurt by it, but I think it bothered her more than it bothered me.

I didn't want her to be embarrassed by me, anymore.

But, that's all changing now.

I still have my bad days, but instead of just completely giving up like I did in the past, I just continue to move forward.

I did want to share a few of my "before" pics, to remind me of where I was.




Can you say "cheese"!?



Stuffing my face. YUCK! (I can't believe I am putting this on here.)

If that's not inspiration, I don't know what is!?! : )



I will definitely add some current "during" pics soon.


So, here's to "resurfacing me"!

2 comments :

  1. You are on the right track!
    I am looking forward to reading your blog and hearing about your success!

    Kelly
    Journey to a New Me
    www.anewmejourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie you are doing great so far!! You will conquer this thing and you will do it with flying colors! I can just feel it!!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog! :)

    ~Kellie

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts!